Thursday, August 30, 2007

Some KUDOS

Visited 2 wonderful restaurants this morning and they took my green and Phillip's yellow zucchinis. Its hard to explain how impressed I am with these establishments. Both had emaculatly clean kitchens and knowledgable staff, they wanted to be sure the veggies were organicly grown! Obviously they are concerned about providing only the best to their clients. One is 'The Sprout' on Duckworth Street west, near City Hall and the Delta Hotel. The other is 'Get Stuffed' across from the War Memorial, also on Duckworth Street and just down the road from the Fairmont (or old Newfoundland Hotel). I won't go into any more detail because you should really check them both out for yourself. I assure you a pleasurable experience at both.

Yesterday I contracted a locally owned company 'Eastern Propane' to install the gas lines and fuel supply for the range (stove). Everything will be working later next week. Also yesterday, the spices and casings arrived for my sausages. The house is now full with the wonderful smell of fresh herbs and spices. I can't wait to begin experimenting. I will complete the frame work for the kitchen extension this afternoon and over the weekend may pour the cement. Slowly everything is starting to fall into place. I just wish I had another pair of hands and more hours to the day.

Well, must get back to work. Have a wonderful day and take care.

No comments: