Thursday, August 2, 2007

Just like a day in Fall

This morning started out overcast with a little mist, but now is blue sky and a little cool. You'd almost swear it was October weather, but at least it isn't the torrential rains of the past few days. The garden is still moving along. Last night I harvested and ate the "baby zuchini" that is shown in the pics. It had grown tremendously in just a few days and was really too much for 1 person to consumer at a single meal, but I did anyway. YUM! Fried it with a few onions and garlic. Today is a civic holiday in the city, it is Regatta Day (the longest running sporting event in North America, this is the 185 annual running of the races). I went to town and picked up rum and blackberry wine, obviously some stores were open. Of course I couldn't resist and also bought 3 more DVD's. This afternoon I'm measuring for and calculating the requirements to install a stairway to upstairs. I'll order the lumber tomorrow and hopefully will do the construction sometime next week. I'll complete gutting the kitchen tonight so tomorrow I can plaster and paint the alcove in preparation for the stove (range) installation. I can't wait to have a normally working kitchen again. Right now I've got pans and pans and things spread all over the place and it makes for a hard time getting food ready. I was planning to write more, but have decided to do a bit of work outside while I've got good weather. If I get a chance, or the mood strikes I'll post some more later. Take care.

No comments: