Saturday, August 11, 2007

Yahoo-moving range ???????

I know I've neglected adding any posts but, I've been really busy. Took pics today of a robin's nest(with babies inside) on my porch and 2 of Henry/Henrietta. Still don't know which one it is. There is also a family around. I went outside the other day and there were 5 or 6 of them around. They ran off into the undergrowth though when I came down off the steps. All the birds looked identical and about the same size, so I don't know if one or other of them was Henry/Henrietta. Anyway, I've got a bunch of new pics but I can't get them to post to Photobucket. I really should take some time and figure out how to use the software. The alcove is ready to accept the new stove and a crowd is expected later this evening to move the range into the house. I won't be putting it into the alcove yet though. It has to be cleaned and the gas line/s have to be installed. Then I've got to re-install all the pieces taken off for the move. Yesterday the lumber arrived for the kitchen extension. I don't know if I mentioned it before but I'm adding a 10 by 20 breakfast nook onto the kitchen. The window and space below where the stove is coming through will eventually become an archway to the nook. This additional space should free up some of the dining room and kitchen. The garden is moving along and the zuchini is in full production. I lost 1 of the zuchini plants to the wind and rain several days ago. Shame, it was the one that produced the "baby zuchini" shown in the pictures. I still can't keep ahead of the lettuce production though. Now that the blueberry harvest is almost upon us I've ordered a Victorio strainer from Berry Hill. So, not only will I have a stash of frozen berries, I'll also be able to make blueberry juice and jellies. If I had the time I'd contemplate trying to make wine, but I've got a full plate already and if I wanted wine I can easily buy a bottle of the Notre Dame Wineries vintage. Phillip and Julie have a new addition to their family, a lamb. It is the cutest little black sheep and follows Phillip wherever he goes. They have also increased their flock of chickens. Hopefully the egg production will increase. Well better end here and go prepare for the stove moving. Hopefully I'll post again shortly. Enjoy the bounties of nature and take care of yourselves.

No comments: