Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Good Meal

Last night I tried a recipe I've been thinking about for quite a while. Pictures to accompany are posted in the archives. In pic labelled 22/10/07A can be seen a 'Boneless Pork Loin Roast' (this was what was printed on the vac pack) that I have sliced 3 quarters the way through length wise. In the opening I placed dried apricots and pitted prunes alternately. On top of the fruit I smeared apple sauce then closed the roast and placed it in a pan which subsequently was roasted at 325 degrees till done. While the pork was cooking I boiled carrots, beets and swiss chard from the garden. The carrots and beets can be seen in 22/10/07B. You can see a piece of leaf in with the beets. The chard was in an un-pretty pot so I haven't shown it, but it still tasted good! For the last half hour or so of cooking I placed potatoes in with the roasting meat. When all cooked, I placed meat and veggies on platter (left chard in ugly pot) and made gravy from meat drippings in pan. Finished product can be seen in 22/10/07C. The black spots on roast are not scorch marks but rather the prunes showing through. Very tasty meal, but next time may marinate pork in apple juice first. Though there were subtle hints of the fruit, it lost most of it's flavour. May also try stewing next time so meat stays moist and flavours won't be lost. That's it for now - have a great day and keep the faith.

No comments: