Sunday, October 28, 2007

Busy Weekend

Well finally got a little more accomplished on the extension. In the photo archives can be seen the latest update titled 28/10/07. Here can be seen the 2 walls for the dormer kind of thing sticking out from the bedroom (second floor). Above and on each side I have begun to frame in and sheet for the windows that are at the inside balcony level. You can also see that I've started installing the roof trusses and closing in the top side walls. By the way, the vertical opening at the corner lower level, is so I can get in and out. It will be closed in when construction moves along. If you have been following the dates it is obvious that this is a long project, but remember I'm doing it all myself, the weather must be co-operative and I still must feed myself (household stuff, etc.) and do work around the garden before winter comes. It may not look like it, but actually a lot has been done. The lettuce, zucchini and squash beds have been composted, turned and prepared for winter rest. The main garden hasn't been touched yet as there is still cabbage, beets, etc. to harvest. I've also got about half my winter wood supply cut and stacked. The wood shed isn't ready yet, but there's still time and hopefully I'll be able to cut, haul, junk and split the rest of the necessary supply shortly. The tractor will make this a little easier I expect. Must go get some sleep, tomorrow will come soon enough. Bye for now and take care.

No comments: