Friday, October 5, 2007

Wow! October already!!

OK, its about time I added another post! So here goes, but first.....new pics have been added to Photobucket. (See the archive link on left side of this page) The first photo - Sept 30 - shows the new kitchen nook with 1 wall of bedroom alcove installed upstairs. The next 3 pictures all show the nook extension during construction and were taken on Sept. 28. In the one titled Zucchini & Squash, you can see the zucchini bed under the beam overhangs and the squash patch in upper centre of the pic. The shot labled 'Henrietta Supervising' shows the grouse instructing and directing construction. It was taken on Sept. 25. The last several days has been taken up with niddly things that aren't really interesting to show such as filling in around the base, cutting firewood and building roof trusses. I have been totally exhausted from the heavy work and only had the energy for these small jobs. Hopefully I'll get a second wind in the next day or so and will push ahead then on the remaining work. If I wasn't so stubborn, I'd hire a contractor, but then I couldn't say the work was all mine even though the aches and pains would probably go away. Ah well, let's see how it goes? Am preparing to retire the truck. Have got 2 new cars, a Honda Accord as a sporty project car and a Suzuki stationwagon as a practical everyday run about. The Mercedes was nice, but not my type and the truck was too hard on gas and falling apart. In different ways, I'll miss them both.
Well must get some sleep. Tomorrow will come soon enough and if the weather holds as promised I want to get a lot accomplished. Have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy the people that surround you.

No comments: