Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A bit early in the day!

Usually I'd still be working outside or tackling some of the many projects indoors at this time of day, but I've just decided to take a break. I couldn't figure out how to post pictures to the blog so.........I've set up an archive on Photobucket. See the link on the top left hand side of this screen. I can't remember what order they're in but here are some small descriptions:

Looking up driveway is just that. Looking from the lettuce plots up my driveway to the road. From where this picture was taken, to the right can be seen Zuchini & Squash. The zuchini bed is in the middle of the picture and has row cover (white filmy stuff) on it. To the right of zuchini is a smaller plots (also with row cover) for the squash. In the background can be seen the small greenhouse that houses the tomatoes. There is a picture of five (5) small plots all in a row. I think it is entitled Lettuce Garden. You may find it hard to see the reasoning, but believe it or not this is where I grow LETTUCE's! Ha ha. This pic is taken back on to the driveway. The other pics are of the Veggie Garden and there's not much to say about that area at this time. When everything is a little further along I'll post another pic and give some comments. Almost forgot, there is also a pic of Herb Garden. In here I grow (amongst other medicinal herbs) chives, oregano, mint, thyme, tarragon and savory. Speaking of herb garden-last night I made chicken cacciatora and used fresh herbs out of the garden. Along with it I had a mesclun salad from the lettuce garden. What a difference fresh herbs make! I'm eating leftovers again tonight. What a meal this would be with fresh homemade bread!!

The gardens will be creating another income stream and so I've decided to give this little business a name. Here's a contest of sorts for the budding author anongst you. Create a name for this business and if I use it the winning author will win a free basket fresh veggies. When you think you have a name, submit it to the comments link found after this post.

Well, enough for now. I must go back outside and do a little more weeding. Take care, be good to yourself and smile. You know, its contagious!!!

No comments: