Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday and its still coolish

Well here we go. The weather is still cool and this morning it was foggy and damp but I still did some work around the garden. Around lunch time 2 friends (Paul and Kathy) came and picked me up for a shopping trip. I badly needed more soy sauce so we went to a little specialty shop on Water St. east and I was able to pick up an 8 litre bottle of the real thing. Believe me when I say 'the real thing'. Compared to the kind sold in most supermarkets, the real fermented sauce makes the supermarket stuff taste like water and bad water at that. We then went for a little sightseeing and eventually stopped at the Jumping Bean in St.Thomas's (between St.Philips and Paradise on Conception Bay) for a coffee. What a marvellous spot! They roast their own beans, serve delicious coffee and supply some very interesting imported food stuffs. I bought a bottle of Honey and Herb infused vinegar. It was excellent mixed with olive oil and poured over the fresh mesculn salad I harvested when I got home. Anyway, not a big exciting day, but it was a break and it was good to chat with someone other than Henrietta the grouse. Now its on to bed for a little sleep before whatever tomorrow may bring. Bye, bye all and take care.

No comments: