Friday, June 22, 2007

TGIF

I honestly don't know what difference it makes now that its Friday. Its just another day and more work to do tomorrow. The cabbages and brussel sprouts are all transplanted. The only thing left is the squash. Had a gander at the zuchini today and WOW, if they all produce, I'll be swimming in melons. I suppose you call the zuchini fruit-melons? The romaine is doing quite well, its now about 6" high. At this rate I'll be harvesting way ahead of schedule. Spent the whole day in the garden and didn't see any sign of either Henrietta or the bunnies. It was warm and sunny today so maybe they are taking a rest after the last several days of foul weather.

Was thinking I must do something about finding a companion, or partner, or soul mate or something. All this constant work is just too much for one person and constantly being alone is a bit of a bummer. It would be nice to have someone to interact with occassionally. Henrietta is ok to talk to, but I'm afraid its a bit of a one sided conversation and I don't think she quite appreciates my jokes! Its also a real pain having to cook for one. There's all kinds of interesting recipes I'd like to takle, but its just too much bother preparing things for me alone. Talking about that, I'm slowly getting the kitchen ready for the new stove installation. Can't wait to try it out.

Well, must go get something to eat. Oh by the way - does anybody know what "p-d-g" means? Heard it in a conversaion relating to a new baby and had to fake my way through it. Would be nice if I could sound at least semi intelligent! HA!!!!!!!! That will be the day!!! LOL. Anyway must go. Take care, have good thoughts and pass on a smile. Talk to you soon.

No comments: