Monday, July 2, 2007

Another week begins.

Monday morning and it is overcast and a little cool. On Friday I went to the city and did a bit of poking around. I found the fittings needed for Philip's (the farm up road from me) tractor. I was also able to get a few more pieces of brassware for my collection. Reserved a rental truck to move the sewing machine, loom, etc. for tomorrow and bought a grinder and meat mixer for the sausage operation. While looking at the meat machinary I met a couple from the Corner Brook area who were also getting some equipment for sausage making. Compared some notes with them and gave a few suggestions. Before going to town I began preparations for a potting and tool shed down near the veggie garden.

Did a bit of weeding on Saturday morning and then spent rest of day working on Phi's tractor and helping around his place. All day Sunday used to set up watering system from pond. Can now water all gardens without depleating the well. Also made a discovery! Have to make an apology to the grubs, it wasn't neccessarily them that have been eating all the new shoots. I discovered Henry (we have determined the grouse is Henry not henrietta) picking all the nice new leaves off the shoots. I will have to check the fence more closely and find out how he's getting into the garden. Talking about grouse, we now have babies. On some trip coming from Philip's both he and I saw baby grouse near the top of my driveway. We didn't stop the truck to investigate, but I'm sure they will appear nearer the house as they grow. I haven't seen too much of the bunnies recently, maybe I just haven't been watching or maybe they have moved further into the woods. All the activity could be scaring them away?

Well, must get dressed and go do some work in the garden. If the sun comes out and I think about it I'll try to get some pictures of the individual plants to show their growth rates. That's it for this morning. Have a great day and be good to yourself and others.

No comments: